We need to constantly reflect on the work, learn from our mistakes and from our observations, and adapt accordingly.
The Hive recognises the importance of establishing a program logic and measuring and evaluating the work. Over the years we have evolved our Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) approach.
- Up to now, our MEL framework has been informed by:
- Opportunity Child’s National Measurement and Evaluation Framework
- United Way of America’s Impact Maps Framework
- Moving forward The Hive will adopt the Commonwealth Department of Social Services (DSS) Place based evaluation framework and toolkit (2019).
- Strategic learning will also be informed by other evaluations that are currently underway or about to commence. These include:
- Most Significant Change – a qualitative and participatory evaluation of Together in Willmot: focused on the efforts and impact of collaboration. Undertaken by Clear Horizon.
- Evaluation of Early Childhood Education Services ECES. Focused on the delivery of affordable, accessible, and quality ECEC to social housing tenants. To be undertaken by SVA and ARTD Consultants.
- Check Ups Before Schools Program Pilot (CUBS.) evaluation currently being undertaken by Western Sydney University.